‘I Don’t Know’ Tour Continues Best Concert Tailgate Scene
“I wish I were a better guitar player. But I’m a pretty good band leader.” – Jimmy Buffett
It’s fins to the left, fins to the right! Jimmy Buffett’s 2016 concert tour is here and it’s going to the South, Texas (hey, that’s the Southwest!), the Northeast, Midwest and, by the end of it all, he you’ll also be able to say “He Went To Paris.”
As of this witting, he has not announced an West Coast dates and venues, but that’s not unusual; those are usually added in the late spring.
Jimmy Buffett 2016 Tour Dates
Here’s the current schedule; more dates to be added as announced.
• April 16 – Virginia Beach, VA, Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater
• April 19 – Birmingham, AL, Oak Mountain Amphitheater
• April 21 – Raleigh, N.C., Walnut Creek Amphitheater
• April 23 – Charlotte, N.C., PNC Music Pavilion
• May 26 – Nashville, Ascend Amphitheater
• May 28 – Frisco, TX (Dallas), Toyota Stadium
• May 31 – Orange Beach, AL, The Wharf Amphitheater
• June 2 – Atlanta, Infinite Energy Center
• June 4 – Houston, Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
• June 18 – Detroit, DTE Energy Music
• June 21 – Cincinnati, Riverbend Music
• June 23 – Indianapolis, Klipsch Music Center
• June 25 – Tinley Park, IL (Chicago), Hollywood Casino Amphitheater
• Aug. 18 – Bangor, ME, Darlings Waterfront Pavilion
• Aug. 20 – Mansfield, MA, Xfinity Center
• Aug. 23 – Burgettstown, PA (Pittsburgh), First Niagara Pavilion
• Aug. 25 – Wantagh, N.Y., Nikon at Jones Beach
• Aug. 27 – Camden, N.J., BB& T Pavilion
• Sept. 1 – Omahe, NE, Century Link Center
• Sept. 23-24 – La Cigale, Paris, France
The Jimmy Buffett Concert Tailgate Experience
It is the land of mahem and margaritas, of land sharks and Parrotheads, of people “Defying Grafity, with some just trying to “Survive” and others looking to “Get Drunk and Screw.”
Jimmy Buffett concerts are daydreamin’ in Havana, “Money Back Guaranteed” fun, and come manyana, the ever-lasting thrill of the day before keeps people smiling in their sleep.
They are all-day affairs, starting with a party in the parking lot unseen anwhere this side of Ios. In recognition of Buffett’s most popular songs, people bring active volcanos, blow-up sharks and dress in hawaiian shirts, grass skirts and straw hats. fish, fins and boat drinks.
PubClub.com’s tips are to o go early, pace yourself and enjoy both the tailgate experience and the show.