Italian Summer Festival Comes To Vegas With Several Fun Cocktail Happenings
Carnevale, the biggest of the numerous festivals that take place in the small villages and towns of Italy throughout the summer, is coming to the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas.
It’s a three-month celebration running from May 27-Sept. 8. The highlights, at least for me, are events featuring rum, tequila, a wine walk and a “Summer of Mixology.”
Okay, I’m also interested in the the Ping Pong Challenge Weekend. As well as The World’s Largest Bachelorette Party Weekend, of course!
Here’s the Bar Blogger’s choices for top happenings, and first major event involves rum!
• Sammy Hagar Beach Bum Rum Weekend with a barbecue by Emeril Lagasse (June 8-9)
• World’s Largest Bachelorette Party Weekend (July 19-21)
• Passion for Cabernet Weekend (July 25-26)
• George Clooney’s Casamigos Tequila Weekend with a festival by Wolfgang Puck (dates TBD)
• Ping Pong Challenge Weekend (dates TBD)
Here’s two fun things that are happening all the time:
• Summer of Mixology: Every week, a new spirit is highlighted and people get samples of cocktails such as Seven Ways to Serve a Rum Cocktail? Seven ways to make a Margarita.
• The Carnevale Wine Walk. Get a map and drink Italian wines by the glass at The Venetian and The Palazzo.
There’s more events, too, and if you stay at the hotel you get a Passaporto di CARNEVALE which has discounts and entertainment specials from resort restaurants, spa, The Grand Canal Shoppes and The Shoppes at The Palazzo.
And for you foodies, Curtis Stone (Host of Top Chef Masters) is hosting a cocktail reception and dinner from his latest cookbook the weekend of July 26, Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich will make appearances and showcase their Italian cuisines (date TBD).
The Venetian’s website for Carnevale is:
Leave a Reply