If you are a college student, you already know how important it is to be or feel included in college and how important it is to be a part of certain things and be recognized, acknowledged or noticed. If you are not a college student, you should know that it is very important to be a part of something that your peer groups are a part of, as well. Socialization is one of the most important things in the life of a college student. The safest way to be included in peer groups or clubs is to take the initiative to form a club yourself. Then you don’t run the risk of being left out if a slight inconvenience takes place. But starting a club in college, on your own, is not something everyone can do but this article will surely make your way to build a club much easier.
“I was a part of a college club and by the last year, they became my second family” says Alex, a writer at Pay to Write Essay online.
Here are some steps that you need to follow in order to start a college.
- Discuss the purpose of your club with your peers: To build a club, the first thing that you need to figure out is the purpose of your club. Ask yourself, “Why does the college need another club?” The answer that you will get is the purpose of your club. You can’t just build a club without any function because the members need to be engaged in some work. A club is a group of people that has a motto and aims towards the betterment of the community in one aspect or the other and there are so many scopes that you can adapt in order to improve the conditions of a community and hence it is not very difficult to form a club. Although maintaining and/or running a club is the hardest part.
Sasha, a writer at Online Mixologist Courses says, “The thing I miss most about college is the college club that I was a part of.”
- Talk to the authorities about it: You cannot just think of forming a club and form it overnight, especially when you are doing it inside the campus of a college institution. You need to either talk to the student authorities about your club or, you need to talk to the student’s union. You will need to talk to them, describe what you are doing, moreover you need to convince them that the club that you are trying to build will actually help the college community and that it is necessary. Sometimes you may need to give a proper presentation with outlines and everything. And sometimes you may need written permission from the college authorities. That depends on the college or the state you are in. But talking to a former, more powerful organization is a must in almost every college.
- Arrange meetings for your club: Forming a club is not a onetime thing. It demands lots of hard work since the power comes with a lot of responsibility. That is, you need to work for the betterment of the community. Since it is a club, there will be other people as well in the club. So you need to distribute a particular task among a group of people or even plan your task. Moreover, socialization is one very important part of forming a club. All these are the reasons why you should set up a meeting for your club.
A writer at EduWorldUSA says, “I just did not find a college club, I created a family, a chosen one”
- Set up an executive board: To manage a group, you need to divide the responsibility. A club deals with lots of events, occasions and issues. You can’t just do everything yourself because there is a lot of work that requires to be done. Thus, the wisest thing to do is to set up an executive board. You being the founder can exercise your right to allocate different positions and tasks for different people. You can select the president, secretary, treasurer or you can even organize an election for that. Either way, it is necessary to set up an executive board.
- Set up a website or social media platforms for your club: You can’t just set up a club and be done with it. The events that you will be organizing on behalf of your club, you will need people to attend. Therefore it is very important to do some publicity. Set up an information hub or a website for your club. A facebook group, a facebook page or even an Instagram account for you club will also be great for publicity. Work on attracting as many people’s attention as you can. The more popular your club gets, the better the club.
- Include people wisely: It may occur to you that including more and more members will just benefit the group. But that is not true. You need to select the members of your group very wisely. Adding unnecessarily will only increase chaos in the group. So focus on adding people who are set for the goal, active and ambitious. You need people who are really there for the cause. In that way you can make the most out of your club. Moreover, most of the time, there will be food and drinks. You would not like to spend some hard earned money over people who are just there for the show and actually do nothing. That is exactly why you should choose people very carefully.
- Set up a financial outline for your club: As a club you may need to organize programs, events, seminars, donation camps as well as awareness camps. Some of them require less money while some demand lots of money. Whatever the amount of money is, it is very important for you to find one way that will ensure the flowing of funds for your club. It is very important to make plans about how you will be managing the money. Thus, setting up a financial outline is a clever decision.