Live Looks At Lake Tahoe, Virginia City & Other Destinations
With travel shut down due to the COVID-19 situation, there are still destinations you can visit without leaving your home.
One is the Reno-Tahoe Territory by use of its many webcams. There are several showing the diversity of this area around the California-Nevada border and here is a rundown of them and the live scenes they show:
- The 1800s mining town of Virginia City, where you can step back in time, as it’s pretty much today as it was back in its heyday.
- Lake Tahoe’s waters ripple in the wind with a live view from North Lake Tahoe.
- The Incline Village webcam on the North Shore.
- South Shore’s Stateline, Nevada webcam is a peek of turquoise waters and bluebird skies.
- See Tahoe’s shore from this Edgewood Tahoe vantage point.
- Watch from an elevated, high alpine position from the summit of Diamond Peak in Incline Village, Nevada.
- Carson City, Nevada’s capital, displays the wide-open and scenic Carson Range where glimpses of lush spring are peaking through.
- Carson Valley is the land of everyday legends. Follow the scenes of the west’s most beautiful valley on Instagram.
- Watch as the Truckee River Whitewater Park in downtown Reno begins to churn with the spring melt.
- See Mt. Rose from Reno’s mountain-view camera.
And with all this visual inspiration, once the pandemic passes, you may want to visit some or all of these places in person. The area’s tourism board can help and here is its website: RenoTahoe.com .