COVID-19 Concerns To Occupy Titans & Vikings
The NFL was humming right along until a few Titans players and staff tested positive for the coronavirus. That suddenly changed the priority of the team as well as the Vikings, the team they played on Sunday.
In other developments, the Giants and Jet still stink, the Falcons implode when getting a big lead and with everyone drooling over Patrick Mahomes so much the Chiefs defense is really the big (and silent) story of that team.
Here’s my picks for Week 4 and why I picked these winners and losers.
|Game#||Visitor||Home||Your Pick||Conf. Pts|
|1||Denver Broncos||New York Jets||DEN (visitor)||1|
|2||Arizona Cardinals||Carolina Panthers||CAR (home)||6|
|3||Indianapolis Colts||Chicago Bears||CHI (home)||7|
|4||Jacksonville Jaguars||Cincinnati Bengals||CIN (home)||4|
|5||Cleveland Browns||Dallas Cowboys||DAL (home)||11|
|6||New Orleans Saints||Detroit Lions||NO (visitor)||2|
|7||Minnesota Vikings||Houston Texans||HTX (home)||14|
|8||Seattle Seahawks||Miami Dolphins||SEA (visitor)||12|
|9||Los Angeles Chargers||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||TAM (home)||8|
|10||Pittsburgh Steelers||Tennessee Titans||PIT (visitor)||5|
|11||Baltimore Ravens||Washington Fb Team||BAL (visitor)||16|
|12||New York Giants||Los Angeles Rams||LA (home)||15|
|13||New England Patriots||Kansas City Chiefs||KC (home)||9|
|14||Buffalo Bills||Las Vegas Raiders||LV (home)||3|
|15||Philadelphia Eagles||San Francisco 49ers||SF (home)||13|
|16||Atlanta Falcons||Green Bay Packers||GB (home)||10|
Tie breaker score: 69
Second Tie Breaker, Total Score of the Detroit Lions game: 65
• Denver at NY Jets. Well, some team has to win, right? Unless you’re the Eagles
• Arizona at Carolina. So much for the Cardinals being a “team to watch out for” as several so-called experts predicted going into Week 4. They are still the Cardinals.
• Indianapolis at Chicago. Finally, the Bears ditched that useless Trubisky and moved onto Nick Foles. When will teams learn that Foles wins games? Eagles fans can relate.
• Jacksonville at Cincinnati. It’s way too soon to proclaim “Joe Burrow, savior!,” but surely this team is better than pathetic Jacksonville (keep reading for the link to NFL’s Worst Teams).
• Cleveland at Dallas. It’s time for the Elevator ‘Boys (up and down) to win one.
• New Orleans at Detroit. Why won’t Drew Brees throw the deep ball. That dinking and dunking stuff isn’t cutting it. Tho the real problem in the Saints’ D – they can’t get off the field. Still, they should beat Detroit.
• Minnesota at Houston. Perhaps got a little aggressive with the confidence points but surely the Texans aren’t as bad as their record. Plus, the Vikes are dealing with COVID issues. That’s more important than the game.
• Seattle at Miami. Russell Wilson will throw deep often and with big results.
• LA Chargers at Tampa Bay. The offensively-challenged Chargers can’t challenge Tom Brady.
• Pittsburgh vs. Tennessee. Postponed due to Titans’ players & staff positive test results. Possible re-make date is Oct. 25, which is Week 7.
• Baltimore at Washington. Coming off that Monday Night flop, the Ravens are going to unload on the team-without-a-nickname.
• NY Giants at LA Rams. Blowout.
• New England at Kansas City. Chiefs are NFL’s chief team. Game postponed to Monday or Tuesday after Cam Newton tests positive.
• Buffalo at Las Vegas. Still is odd to see and type “Las Vegas,” but the team has some potential. Just give and pass the ball to Josh Jacobs.
• Philadelphia at San Francisco. Er, Nick Foles? Oh, we stupidly let him go so hey, Jalen Hurts?? Not this week and thus not a win.
• Atlanta at Green Bay. The Falcons players have no confidence in their coaches. The question this week is, will they blow a big lead or just lose the game in more regular fashion?