New Year-Round Convert Venue To Feature Rock Tribute Bands
If Jim Curry sounds as close to John Denver as he looks, then it’s going to be one “Rocky Mountain Night” night at the new live music venue in Big Bear Lake, CA.
Curry, a John Denver tribute artist, is opening The Cave, an entertainment venue in the old Village Movie Theater. Big Bear Lake is located two hours from Los Angeles. It’s a true small mountain town and The Cave provides a nice nightlife touch to a place that has long had Chad’s bar as its primary place to hear bands.
The venue’s inaugural show is Friday, June 7, at 7 p.m. This is preceded by a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 5.
(That’s a two-hour lull between ribbon cutting and performance; if it were me, I would run over to Bombay Lounge and have hottie bartender Heather make me a “Shripwreck” in the meantime!)
Tickets are $25 GA and $35 VIP. The Cave does have a bar with beer and wine, as well as food.
After Curry has taken you home on “Country Roads,” then The Cave will be bringing rock tribute bands and entertainment every week to Big Bear. The June schedule is as follows:
• June 15: Original country artist Two Bit Palomino
• June 16: Kevin Toney, an original member of the Blackbyrds, joins the Real Jazz Trio.
• June 21-23: The Cave is the primary venue for this year’s Cowboy Gathering June 21-23 that features national artists Sourdough Slim, Gary Robertson and The Open Range Trio.
• June 29: Mrs. Robinson, which plays a wide range of music from the 1970s, 80s and 90s with full costume changes throughout the show.
• June 30: Tribute bands True 2 the Crüe (Motley Crüe tribute) and Hurricane (Scorpions tribute).
Later this summer, tribute bands to the Beatles and Rolling Stones are booked, as well as country and bluegrass acts.
The Cave will also present comedy shows and plans to bring in national touring bands, as well.
Stay tuned, to so speak, on the Big Bear website at: www.bigbear.com.
• More About The Cave From PubClub.com
• Big Bear Nightlife Reviews (and where to get “Shripwrecked by hottie bartender Heather)
Leave a Reply