Elegant All-White Dinner Party Held At LA Coliseum’s Rose Garden
It was a sea of white in a bed of red roses.
An elegant dinner party turned raucous dance party.
And another enchanted evening.
Diner en Blanc Los Angeles 2018 was a spectacular happening, a one-of-a-kind dinner party (well, 80 events in 50 countries including ones in Orange County and San Diego but this is the only one in LaLa Land) set among the red roses of the Rose Garden by the famous Los Angeles Coliseum. Held on a beautiful Saturday night, Sept., 27, it was a highly sought-after affair with 15,000 people on a waiting list while 2,700 got to enjoy this always-special event.
Here’s what greeted guests at this incredibly well-organized event:
• Meeting spots all over Los Angeles that included using the LA Metro (TAP cards provided) to arrive at the secret destination, which was not put on the event website until two hours before the event and had people guessing all the way up to getting off the trains.
• Once people arrived, entertainers on stilts engaging with people around a large fountain.
• Crooner Maximo Marcuso singing beautiful music, Frank Sinatra style.
• Thousands of other diners setting up their tables, chairs, creative (and lighted) table decorations and food, while sipping wine and champagne, all of which they brought themselves to the event.
• An elegant dinner party among themselves and new friends under the Southern California stars.
• A wild dance party after the dinner by the fountain when a DJ replaced Marcuso, reminding me of a nightclub in the Greek Islands.
Frankly, there was so much to take I could not take in all of it. So here’s a look at Diner en Blanc, 2018 in Los Angeles, through pictures and videos. Credit to Angelika Carry for shooting video of my interviews, to Diner en Blanc photographer Jeromy Robert, to PR person Jamie Dabao Brown of Direct PR and to the team leaders and organizers – all volunteers – for making this such a special, well, spectacle.
If you want to go to next year’s event, which will be held in the early fall, be sure and go to event’s website, DinerEnBlanc.com, or see if you recognize anyone in these photos and videos and beg them to invite you to it.