The Bash At The Portofino In Redondo Beach An Annual Fun Affair
When it comes to finding a good party, the fun folks of L.A.’s South Bay – which encompasses Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach – lock into it like a homing beacon.
And that is why you find many of them at the Portofino Hotel’s banquet room on Friday, Nov. 27.
They will be there for South Bay Scream, the premier Halloween party of the Beach Cities.
What makes it so great? Several factors, among them:
• There’s about 1,000 people at it, making it by far the biggest party in the South Bay
• The girl-to-guy ratio is pretty close to 50/50, which is unusual for this area (usually, it’s at last 6-0/40 guys to girls)
• Most of the people at it are single
• Everyone is in costume, some of which are pretty elaborate and many of them on the girls are pretty sexy, and you have the feeling you’re at a big event (without having to haul to Hollywood or some other place that requires driving or a long and expensive Uber/Lyft ride)
• There are two areas where you can dance, each with its own kind of music. The front room tends to be a bit wilder with fun party music while the bigger back room is more club=style music.
• There’s a patio where you can step outside and catch your breath. This is also one of the best spots to mingle. Almost as a bonus, it’s over the water and you have beautiful views.
• It’s not in a bar so you kind of get the feeling you’re at a big house party
• Everybody is drinking and partying and it’s a GOOD time!
So there ya go. Tickets are $40.
Link: South Bay Scream Tickets