A Night To Recognize L.A. Nightlife
When adults go to a Time Out, they go to a bar!
And on Monday, May 23, many of those adults in Los Angeles will be going to the Ace Hotel downtown for the inaugural Time Out Bar Awards.
The event features some of the top bar people in Los Angeles, beer from Peroni, Tito’s Handmade Vodka and custom cocktails, hors d’oeuvres from L.A. Chapter, music from DJ IG from RedShoe LA and a swag bag with “bar essentials.”
This is a ticketed event; the price is $37. It goes from 7-10 p.m.
The shortlist in the seven awards categories, nominated by some of LA’s most influential bar experts (tho, it must be pointed out, not PubClub.com’s blogger), are:
• Best New Cocktail Bar: The Walker Inn, The Fiscal Agent, Everson Royce Bar (ERB), Old Lightning
• Bar of the Year: Melrose Umbrella Co., The Spare Room, The Corner Door, Scopa
• Best Restaurant Bar: Terrine, Bestia, Redbird, Broken Spanish
• Best Culinary Cocktail Bar: Birch, Gracias Madre, Otium, The Walker Inn
• Best Bar Team: Big Bar, The Normandie Club, The Spare, Room, Melrose Umbrella Co.
• Best LA Mainstay: The Varnish, Roger Room, Harvard & Stone, Tony’s Saloon
• Best Bar Design: E.P. & L.P., Break Room 86, Now Boarding, Clifton’s
“Time Out has been seeking out what’s unique, brilliant and game-changing in the world’s best cities since 1968, and bars have always been a crucial part of that landscape,” said Justin Etheridge, Executive Vice President, Time Out North America.
“This year we’re celebrating the best drinking spots not only in Los Angeles, but some of the most vibrant cities around the world with awards programs in London, Paris, Los Angeles, Chicago and New York.”
Purchase tickets on Event Brite at: www.eventbrite.com/e/time-out-los-angeles-bar-awards-tickets-25059355206
Event hasthag: #TimeOutBarAwards
Location & Address: The Theatre at Ace Hotel, 929 South Broadway, Los Angeles