Pino Noir Celebration, The Grand Tasting & More Ideal For California #WineLovers
Some of the so called “Hot Lots” this year include the “Honored Vintner” lot (an all-inclusive food and wine tasting experience with Nancy & Dan Duckhorn); a “Discovering New Zealand” lot (a 10-night wine exploration tour of New Zealand with noted wine journalist, Dan Berger); and a wine lot that includes an 18-bottle vertical of Château Cos d’Estournel Grand Cru, St. Estephe (various vintages between 1982 and 2015).
Winesong kicks off of with A Pinot Noir Celebration at the Little River Inn. On Saturday, Sept. 8, those who attend the Grand Tasting will stroll through the enchanting Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens while enjoying vintages poured by world-class wineries in Mendocino, Napa, Sonoma and beyond, and bites from 40 fine food purveyors. The celebration continues on into the Auction Tents for the always-entertaining main attraction, the Live and Silent Auctions, where the Hot! Hot! Auction Lots will be on offer.Winesong is produced by the Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation and all proceeds from both events go towards supporting the local Mendocino Coast District Hospital that serves so many in the area.
Attendees will have the opportunity to bid on more than 100 lots, featuring spectacular wines from a selection of prestigious wine producers, rare and hard-to-find vintages, and special vertical and horizontal collections. Original paintings and art from highly acclaimed artists, as well as domestic and international vacation packages and custom-designed wine getaway experiences will also share the auction limelight. In addition, a variety of items will be on offer in the silent and super silent auctions.
Select “HOT LOT’ Highlights For Winesong 2018
- Honored Vintner Lot: Take Flight – Lunch with Nancy & Dan Duckhorn at famed Three Palms Vineyard, a “Great Blends of the World” tasting with the Duckhorns at Paraduxx, dinner at Michael Chiarello’s Bottega, brunch and single vineyard estate tasting with the Duckhorns at Goldeneye, Private Jet transportation to/from Goldeneye (from Napa).
- Willamette Valley Wine Experience – Three couples stay in the heart of Willamette Valley at Red Hills Vista House, exclusive tastings at Dusky Goose, Soter Vineyards and Beaux Freres Winery, plus a Cellar Door Wine Tour.
- America’s Cup Sailing on San Diego Bay – 3-night stay at Estancia Hotel & Spa and an America’s Cup Sailing Adventure for two.
- 18-bottle vertical of Château Cos d’Estournel Grand Cru, St. Estephe, various vintages between 1982 and 2015
- 2008 Château Palmer Grand Cru Margaux, 6L (Imperial). This wine has a 94 point rating per Robert Parker
- 2001 Harbison Estate Wines Cabernet Sauvignon, Oakville, 3L, etched bottle & 2005 Chevalier-Montrachet Grand Cru, Domaine Henrietas Jadot,3L
- Discovering New Zealand – Noted wine journalist, Dan Berger & wife Juliann are personal guides for one couple in fabulous New Zealand with a 10-night stay in three distinctive regions: Auckland, Marlborough, and Central Otago. Wine and dine at some of the most fabulous establishments such as Rippon, Brancott Estate, The Grove, Allan Scott Winery/Twelve Trees, Villa Maria, Amisfield, Greywacke, Mt. Difficulty, and Felton Road.
- Le Vallon du Brec – experience authentic French Country life in two stunning apartments adjacent to celebrated Botanical Gardens – for four guests.
- Supreme South Africa Safari & Wine Excursion – 10 nights for two – adventure and luxury – Wild Thing…we think we love you!
- 2018 Winesong Artist of the Year Tom Rodrigues, “The Wave” – stained glass, 24” x 30”
- Lowell Herrero’s “Two Ladies Tending Roses in the Vineyards” – 40” x 48” limited edition giclee on stretched canvas
- Grape Encounters – a stay at Villa Canyon for two, plus Chef’s Dinner with Playboy Mansion Chef William Carter, and a personal tour through Paso Robles with David Wilson, host of Grape Encounters Radio; and meet Adam Lazarre – the wine hooligan!
- Ultimate Blending in Paso Robles – another amazing Grape Encounters lot David Wilson; includes stay, dinners and blending your own wines
- Baldacci – complete immersion including two night stay, winemaker dinner, tastings and more for four guests.
Sponsors for this year’s event include: D. Scott Farmer, Garton Tractor, Ukiah/Kubota Tractor, American AgCredit, Grape Encounters Radio, Pamela Hudson Real Estate, Community First Credit Union, Harvest Market, Little River Inn, The Coast – KOZT FM, Harvest Market, Edward Jones Finanicial Services, Savings Bank of Mendocino, Anderson Valley Winegrowers Association, Mendocino Coast District Hospital Physicians, EmCare Physicians, Mendocino Winegrowers, Inc, Ledford House, North Coast Brewing Company. For a complete list of sponsors and further information the 2017 Winesong event sponsors, please visit http://winesong.org/partners/sponsors/.
In addition, Winesong is pleased to announce the 2018 Honorees – iconic winemaker Dan Duckhorn, Honored Vintner; and 2018 Artist of the Year, Tom Rodrigues of Maple Creek/Artevino.
Further Details Regarding Winesong Events
Friday, September 7, 2018 | 1 to 4 p.m.
The weekend kicks off with a prestigious Pinot Noir tasting, presented by Winesong and hosted by Little River Inn. Attendees will enjoy Pinot Noir from renowned Anderson Valley, along with wines from other award-winning pinot regions, alongside tastes of Little River Inn’s finest culinary offerings. General Admission Tickets for A Pinot Noir Celebration: Meet the Winemakers are $85 per person.
Saturday, September 8, 2018 | 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Stroll through the lush Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens while enjoying vintages poured by world-class wineries from Mendocino, Sonoma, Napa, and beyond. Sample beer, spirits, and food from fine purveyors. The tasting is accented by various musical groups performing a variety of styles including jazz, classical, blues, calypso and folk rock. General Admission Tickets with festival seating at auction and access to wine and food tasting are $150 per person.
Saturday, September 8, 2018 | SILENT: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; LIVE: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The centerpiece of Winesong weekend is the Charity Auction, featuring both a silent and live auction. More than 100 lots will be on offer, featuring spectacular wines from the world’s most prestigious wine producers, rare vintages, large format bottles and special vertical and horizontal collections, as well as original art from acclaimed California artists (including Lowell Herrero) and highly coveted international and domestic vacation packages. Auction Reserve Tickets with assigned seating under the auction tent (w/catered lunch) and access to wine and food tasting are $250 per person.
Tickets to all events are available for purchase at: http://winesong.org/events/purchase-tickets/.
For further information, please visit http://winesong.org or call (707) 961-4688.