New Tenants Include Tommy Bahama’s Restaurant And Bar & Kimpton Rowan Hotel
Downtown Palm Springs is undergoing a redevelopment – a revitalization project as it’s being called by officials – and the development company, Grit Development, has announced it will completed by this fall.
“After a decade of planning and hard work, we’re thrilled to share the project is near completion and the line-up of tenants to date,” said Grit Development President Michael Braun. “Dozens of tenants will open this summer with the Kimpton Rowan Hotel officially opening to the public in September. We are on track for a full grand opening in Mid-November.”
In all, the project will add eight restaurants, 153 hotel rooms 80,000 square feet of retail space and 30,000 square feet of office space.
West Elm opened as the first retailer in 2016 followed by Blaze Pizza March 24. New tenants include:
• Kimpton Rowan Hotel, boutique hotel with guestrooms and suites, restaurants with chef-driven seasonal fare and city’s only rooftop pool and bar.
• H&M, one of the world’s largest fashion retailers offering fashion-forward apparel.
• Free People, a specialty clothing brand featuring the latest trends for women who live free through fashion, art, music, and travel.
• francesca’s, a boutique that offers an eclectic mix of carefully-curated clothing, bright baubles, bold accessories, and playful gifts that are as fun to give as they are to receive.
• Kiehl’s, a brand retailer that specializes in skin, hair and body care products.
• Tommy Bahama Restaurant and Bar, an island-inspired restaurant and bar.
• Starbuck’s Reserve, an upscale version of the coffee chain.
• Stout Burgers & Beers, a simple, upscale neighborhood restaurant that offers gourmet burgers and a vast selection of draft and bottled beers.
• Il corso, a fine dining restaurant with authentic Italian dishes including homemade pastas, gourmet wood oven pizza, seafood and roasted leg of veal.
“This line-up shows the quality and diversity of tenants to come,” added Braun. “Once complete, this project will put Palm Springs back on the map as a top destination. Visitors can enjoy staying at luxurious accommodations, shopping eclectic brands and dining at incredible restaurants — all within walking distance and surrounded by beautiful scenery and views few can match.”