All You Need To Know About Sunday Afternoon Shows
The 2019 dates of June 16-Aug. 18.
Held Sundays from 2 until 4:30 or 5:30 p.m., they take place among the 70 acres of eucalyptus forest at Sigmund Stern Grove, located at 19th Avenue and Sloat Boulevard in San Francisco.
This summer’s concert series will be announced in early April. To give you an example of what to expect, there is 2018’s lineup.
Stern Grove Festival 2018 Bands
• June 17 – The Big Picnic starring Peabo Bryson & Jeffrey Osborne
• June 24 – Ziggy Marley
• July 1 – M. Ward
• July 8 – Mexican Institute Of Sound With Special Guests Ginkgoa
• July 15 – Anoushka Shankar, Land Of Gold
• July 22 – San Francisco Symphony
• July 29 – San Francisco Ballet
• Aug. 5 – Femi Kuti And The Positive Force
• Aug. 12 – Ronnie Spector And The Ronettes
• Aug. 19 – The Revolution Big Blu Soul Revue
Stern Grove Festival Prohibited Items & What’s Allowed
Bring your picnic, including food and drinks. Even alcoholic drinks are allowed. Coolers are okay. There is also food available for purchase.
You can bring a blanket and chairs without legs with backs at shoulder height. Tents, umbrellas, tall or large tables and shade structures are not permitted and if you bring a stroller fold it up and place it on the ground during the show.
Bikes are not allowed in the Concert Meadow or Esplanade areas; instead, store your bike at the Festival’s free bike valet at the main entrance to the park at 19th and Sloat Boulevard.
Pets are not allowed. No smoking or vaping is allowed per a San Francisco city ordinance.
Event website: sterngrove.org
Venue Map: Stern Grove Festival