Top Singles Bar Among These Windy City Hotspots
There are so many great things in this city, it’s hard to know where to go first. PubClub.com makes it easy with this guide of the best Chicago has to offer in the way of pubs, clubs and activities.
• Best Singles Bar. The bleacher section of Wrigley Field on a sunny summer afternoon.
• Best Bar. The Hunt Club. Located in the Gold Coast area, this multi-level bar/dance club has the feel of being trendy but does so with the friendliness that makes this such a great party city.
• Best Martini Bar. Forget the new trendy spots. The Martini Ranch (311 W. Chicago) has been mixing up martinis for locals for decades.
• Best Sports Bar. Joe’s in Lincoln Park. Just forget for a moment, that is is located on Weed Street. What makes us high on this place is the outdoor beer garden with TVs. The live band at night makes this a haven for singles on the prowl.
• Best Blues Bar. Buddy Guy’s in The Loop gets the best local bands and big-name acts on weekends. It’s THE place to hear Blues in Chicago.
• Best Friday Happy Hour. Cactus in the Loop. A Jimmy Buffett-themed bar full of after-work drinkers, some of whom don’t leave until closing time.
• Best Pub. The Lodge, Rush and Division. It’s open until 5 a.m., on weekends and often doesn’t even attract a crowd until after 2. A must stop for first-time visitors and a no-brainer for veterans.
• Best Pub Not Known To Tourists. Waterloo in Lincoln Park because of its friendly bartenders.
• Best Place to Hang with Al Capone. A former speakeasy, John Barleycorn in Lincoln Park was frequented by some of Chicago’s most famous gangsters.
• Best Place for a Pint of Guinness. Irish Eyes (Lincoln Ave.). Whitey O’Day plays all the old great Irish tunes on weekends, often accompanied by zealous patrons.
• Best Skyline View. The Signature Room Lounge in the John Hancock Building.
• Best Place Not to Get Arrested. Dugan’s in Greektown. This cop hangout has been around since the turn of the century. The last century.
• Best Suburban Hangout. Hala Kahiki is an absolute “must -see” in Chicago. This South Seas-style bar serves up nothing but tropical drinks. There is a large outdoor garden where groups can get their own Tiki hut for the evening.
• Best Really Suburban Hangout. Okay, it’s in Milwaukee, as in Wisconsin. But the spy-themed Safe House features cheap martinis and requires a secret password to enter.
• Best Place to Visit. Where else but Wrigley Field? It’s like stepping back into the 1920s. People are so close to the field they can see the stitches on the baseballs. Old Style beer is sold in the stands. Plus, you don’t have the agony of having to worry about the home team winning; the people party regardless of the outcome.
• Best Museum. The Museum of Science and Industry has many interactive displays and an area to watch live chicks hatch. Great for all us kids.