More Than 500 Labels Available In This Park MGM Venue On The LV Strip
It boats more than 500 labels of tequila and mezcal in what it calls the “country’s most extensive collection.” That translates into cocktails and shots, as well as an atmosphere that includes live entertainment and an art installation from Okuda San Miguel. All this is in a true Oaxacan experience based on the Oaxaca state in southern Mexico which is known for its indigenous cultures.
In collaboration with James Beard Award-winning mezcal pioneer Bricia Lopez, Mama Rabbit Bar draws inspiration from the legend of Mayahuel, the goddess of agave and fertility who was said to have 400 rabbit children that she nourished with mezcal and tequila. Over time, the rabbits came to symbolize the entire spectrum of feelings one experiences while enjoying the spirits.
Here are some of the highlights from having all that mezcal and tequila:
- World’s Firsts – Mama Rabbit’s collection of agave-based spirits features more than 500 different labels. Highlights include spirits exclusive to Mama Rabbit, such as the world’s first mezcal-barreled Blanco tequila, the first-of-its-kind mezcal aged in premium Mendocino pot still brandy casks, and a Centennial Blend featuring 10 aged tequilas in one bottle adding up to 100 years in age.
- Tour de Mexico – The flavor of each spirit is heavily influenced by the elevation and geographic location in which the agave was grown. Guests can taste their way through Oaxaca with the help of a geographical guide in the menu that plots the origin of each agave spirit. The tequilas and mezcals are available in one- or two-ounce pours and can be enjoyed in a tasting flight. Each pour is served with a unique pairing to amplify its flavor like an Oaxacan chocolate truffle.
- Cocktails – Mama Rabbit crafts colorful cocktails that enhance the agave flavors through an elaborate creation process. Salt of the Earth pairs dry ice with Los Nahuales Reposado Mezcal, Amontillado Sherry, Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur, Corazon Bitters, vegetable salt and botanicals for a presentation that plays on mezcal’s inherent smoky flavor. Flora y Fauna also incorporates dry ice for a playful drink made with El Tesoro Blanco Tequila, cucumber, Chareau Aloe Liqueur, lime and rose water.
- Classics Reimagined – Mama Rabbit changes perceptions of classic tequila and mezcal-based drinks with bold and defining flavors. The Palomita features Casamigos Mezcal, hibiscus syrup, grapefruit, lime, Watermelon-Hibiscus Agua Fresca Cerveza and a hibiscus salt rim. The Guelaguetza Cocktail, a staple at Lopez’s Los Angeles restaurant, is a take on the margarita with El Silencio Espadin, lime, sal de gusano and a frozen lime paleta. Another of Lopez’s favorites is the Mamachelada, which includes her signature I Love Michelada OG Brown Mix paired with Mexican lager, tajin and lime.
- Bottle Servicito – Groups can enjoy a fun style of bottle service with the Bottle Servicito menu, which features approximately 20 tequilas and 10 mezcals. Each bottle is presented with a tower overflowing with house-made mixers, fresh squeezed juices, salts, herbs and fresh fruits.
“Since moving to the U.S., it’s been my passion to share the beauty and the culture of Oaxaca with everyone I meet,” Lopez said. “What started with me introducing mezcal to bartenders across Los Angeles years ago has blossomed into celebrating the spirit with people from around at world at Mama Rabbit.
“I couldn’t be happier to work with MGM Resorts and Park MGM to give visitors a taste of Oaxaca right here in Vegas.”
• Address & Map: 3770 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV
• Website: Mama Rabbit Bar