Wine Lovers Alert: This Event Features Classes, a Classy Dinner And A Hangover Brunch
Well there’s one now, the Tropicana Wine Mixer. It’s Sept. 24-26 at the Tropicana Las Vegas.
It is a full day of tasting quality wines in various classes, capped by a dinner featuring a sommelier teaching about pairings. It also involves a Friday night welcome reception and – get this – a “hangover brunch” on Sunday.
Prices per event start at $40 and a full weekend ticket is $200.
Here is a rundown on Saturday’s classes:
• Prosecco To Start The Day featuring La Marca Prosecco presented by E&J Gallo Winery. La Marca Prosecco— made from the expressive Glera grape—is found in the hillside vineyards of Italy’s Prosecco capital, Treviso, creating a clean, refreshing taste with a delicate, floral palate and bright acidity.
• How To Taste Wine, presented by Trinchero, explores the importance of identifying aromas when evaluating wines and how tongues only recognize five flavors.
• Wine and Cheese Pairing presented by Rodney Strong, with roots going back over 100 years, and Trinchero, a family legacy of great wines since 1948. Rodney Strong will be giving you an in-depth tutorial on flavor pairing with cheese based off of the knowledge learned in the class prior to this one.
• Types & Flavors of Red Wines showcases Pinot Noir from around the world presented by Chateau Ste Michelle, Washington state’s oldest and acclaimed winery featuring award-winning wines. Learn the history of these wines and taste the difference a terroir makes!
• Interested in learning how to make wine? Join the class on Wine Making with Jackson Family Wine. Guests will be utilizing their own personal Kendall-Jackson VR Chardonnay blending kit to create their own personal flavor profile.
• Types & Flavors of White Wines presented by Rodney Strong. Taste through white varietals that comprise their signature UpShot white blend.
In addition to the classes there is a lunch that includes tasting flagship wines with paired hors d’oeuvres. After the classes, there is a Saturday Happy Hour with sampling all the flavors of the day with vendor booths, meat and cheese pairings, a silent auction, and live music.
This leads into Saturday night’s dinner. The price for the dinner is $100.
For more details and to purchase tickets, to to the event’s website, Tropicana Wine Mixer: September 24-26.