Top Tips On The Beer, Bars, Bands, Food & More
Things To Know Before Going To JazzFest
• The 2022 dates are April 29-31 and May 5-8.
• Get a room well in advance of Jazzfest.
• Rooms become available off and on as reservations are released leading up to the event. A hotel may have nothing in late March, but some rooms a few weeks later. Just keep checking.
• Most people pick one of the two weekends to attend; the second usually has the bigger-name bands.
• Don’t get a rental car in New Orleans; use your feet or taxis for transportation.
• Tickets go sale in mid-February through Ticketmaster at 504-522-5555 or 800-488-5252.There are also on-line advance purchases. They are also available at hotels that includes a R/T shuttle bus ticket and the gate ($75 in advance, $80 on the spot). Jazzfest does not sell out so there’s always tickets.
• The concert lineup is announced in February each year.
• You buy your booze on-site. It’s cheaper by the case and stay clear of the booths near the stages where the big bands are playing.
• Bring a 12-pack-sized collapsible cooler. You can buy as many beers at a time as you like and they also give you ice.
• The food is amazing, especially for an outdoor festival. Hey, it’s New Orleans, OF COURSE the food is amazing!
• Blankets and ground tarps cannot exceed 6’x8′ in size. Professional video and/or audio recording equipment is prohibited.
• Bring rain gear (just in case) and a big bladder