Things To Know Before Going To JazzFest
• The 2023 dates are April 28-30 and May 4-7,
• Get a room well in advance of Jazzfest.
• Rooms become available off and on as reservations are released leading up to the event. A hotel may have nothing in late March, but some rooms a few weeks later. Just keep checking.
• Most people pick one of the two weekends to attend; the second usually has the bigger-name bands.
• Don’t get a rental car in New Orleans; use your feet or taxis for transportation. There are R/T shuttle bus from 10:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m., or until all patrons have left the Fair Grounds. Departure points are the Steamboat Natchez Dock at Toulouse St. at the River (400 Toulouse St.), the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, at 500 Canal St., and the
Wisner Lot/City Park: – 5700 Wisner Blvd., near Filmore Ave. Bus transportation include tickets here. There are also plenty of Ubers, Lyfts and taxis, as well.
• Tickets go sale in mid-February through Ticketmaster at 504-522-5555 or 800-488-5252. There are also on-line advance purchases. They are also available at hotels that includes a R/T shuttle bus ticket and the gate. Advance tickets are $240 for the first weekend and $290 for the second week’s four days. Single-day tickets are $85 and $85 at the gate. Jazzfest does not sell out so there’s always tickets.
• The concert lineup is announced in February each year.
• You buy your booze on-site. It’s cheaper by the case and stay clear of the booths near the stages where the big bands are playing.
• Bring a 12-pack-sized collapsible cooler. You can buy as many beers at a time as you like and they also give you ice.
• The food is amazing, especially for an outdoor festival. Hey, it’s New Orleans, OF COURSE the food is amazing!
• Blankets and ground tarps cannot exceed 6’x8′ in size. Professional video and/or audio recording equipment is prohibited.
• Bring rain gear (just in case) and a big bladder
FOR MORE ON JAZZFEST, CLICK HERE
Leave a Reply