A Pre-Mardi Gras Gathering For Jimmy Buffett Fans
A multi-day festival in January, it includes a pub crawl, Jimmy Buffett-style bands and a tropical-attired crowd that just can’t seem to get enough bar time. The site: New Orleans. Of course.
The 2020 event is Jan. 12-15. So in case you were too hung over from New Year’s Eve in New Orleans and have yet to leave town, just stay put and party at Pardi Gras.
Regular bar stops include the Tropical Isle and Papa Joe’s Beach Club. Parrothead clubs from across the country are part of the participants. There are people from 20+ states. Jimmy Buffett’s Radio Margaritaville and Radio Trop Rock even have live broadcasts on Friday and Saturday nights. Combine this with the usual revelry of New Orleans and you’ve got a PARDI!
The main events are:
• The crowning of the Pardi-Gras Queen and King. Jan. 12 at B-Mac’s Bar & Courtyard, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
• Pardi Gras Bourbon Street Pub Crawl, Feb. 13, 4-5:30 p.m.,
• Pardi Gras Parade, Feb. 13, 6:30-7 p.m.
• Courtyard Party, Feb. 14, Noon-5 p.m. (Note: PubClub.com TropRock artist friend Eric Stone plays 12:15-1:30 p.m.)
• Wind Down Party, Feb. 15, 5-9 p.m., Tropical Isle
For more information, photos, the full schedule and to take part in this revelry, visit www.Pardi-Gras.com.
Mardi Gras, by the way, is Feb. 14-15 and 21-24 with Fat Tuesday being on Feb. 25.
Leave a Reply