Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach & Redondo Beach Turkey Day Weekend Events & Highlights
Welcome to the PubClub.com South Bay Party Report!
The Party Report is brought to you by Kona Brewing Company. This is a big weekend for house gatherings so stock up on Kona beers if you’re hosting or going to a Thanksgiving dinner and house parties. Or the USC-Notre Dame game and tailgating!
It’s Thanksgiving weekend, making it a big time for intimate house parties on Turkey Day. Singles gather to socialize, and stuff themselves with food and drinks. As such, there’s no public party events but fear not, for there’s a frenzy of them coming up for the holidays.
The weather will be awesome as usual – sunny and 65-70 with Thursday being the warmest day reaching close to 75.
WEDNESDAY: THANKSGIVING EVE IN THE BEACH CITIES
There’s no Indians & Pilgrims pub crawl in Hermosa Beach this year so you’ll have go to to the bars in a smaller group. Ercoles is always a favorite spot for former locals who are back in town. Sharkeez has a “Get Stuffed” spicy stuffing eating contest with prizes and $500 cash; bring in a can of food and receive drink deals.
For live music it’s Reggae Wednesday at the Lighthouse and Saint Rock has Hermosa Beach band Tomorrow’s Bad Seeds (9 p.m., $20).
THURSDAY: NFL GAMES THANKSGIVING DAY SCHEDULE
Here’s the schedule of NFL games on Thanksgiving Day:
• 9:30 a.m. – Vikings at Lions
• 1:30 p.m. – Redskins at Cowboys
• 5:30 p.m. – Steelers at Colts
THANKSGIVING DINNERS AT SOUTH BAY RESTAURANTS
Don’t have a place to go for Thanksgiving or just want to get out somewhere? Here’s some places in the South Bay serving turkey dinners:
• Hennessey’s – Thanksgiving dinner with pumpkin pie, $14.95, opens at 11 a.m.
• HT Grill – Buffet feast with roasted turkey, rack of roasted port, rock salt crusted prime rib, peel & eat shrimp, stuffing, salad,, dessert, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. (last seating at 4:30 p.m.), $49. Roasted turkey dinner with mashed potatoes, stuffing and green beans, 5-8 p.m., $34.
• Shade Hotel Redondo Beach Seal Level Lounge – Salad, turkey with trimmings & dessert, $49. Reservations: (310) 921-8950
• Shade Hotel Manhattan Beach – Soup and salad, choice of turkey dinner, a turkey pot pie or pumpkin lasagna plus dessert, $65. Opens at 1. Reservations (310) 546-4995
THANKSGIVING DAY BARS: HOURS & HAPPENINGS
Here’s a few places to go to get a drink (or not) on Thanksgiving Day (or nite)
• BALEENKitchen – Live music from Keith Chagall starting at 6 p.m.
• Hermosa Beach Yacht Club – Opens at 6 p.m.
• Patrick Molloy’s – Opens at 6 p.m.
• Sharkeez – Opens at 9 a.m.
• Saint Rocke – Closed
• The Slip – Closed
GOING TO VEGAS FOR THANKSGIVING!?
There’s a Wednesday night pub crawl in Sin City! It’s at the LINQ Promenade and includes a ride in the High Roller observation wheel. Here’s the deets!
MAMMOTH SEASON PASSES ON SALE
It’s ski season! Mammoth is open and is now selling its season passes. And they are also good for Big Bear and Snow Summit. Here’s the prices and where to buy them on-line:
SHADE HOTEL OFFICIAL OPENING PARTY REVIEW
Even tho it’s been open for a month now, it’s now official. Shade Hotel in Redondo Beach held an opening bash last Friday and all three levels were packed with locals. PubClub.com was there, of course, and here’s a review of a very successful and busy night:
310YP CHRISTMAS PARTY
Tickets – which are just $15 – are now on sale for the 310YP Christmas Party, which is Saturday, Dec. 3, at Big Door Studios in El Segundo. This “dress to impress” event has live music, drinks, dancing and a silent auction. Buy tickets at this link.
That’s it for the PbbClub.com South Bay Party Report. For this and more, go to PubClub.com, Where The South Bay – And The World! – Goes To Party!
Where The World Goes to Party!
Twitter: @pubclub, @barblogger