Bluewater Grill’s locations in Carlsbad and Redondo Beach, CA, are having themed dinners every second Tuesday of the month. They include a Lobster Tail Celebration, a Taste of France and a Taste of New Orelans.
Bluewater’s schef-presented monthly tastings feature seasonal seafood and shellfish paired with hand-selected wines, beers or sakes. Due to thier popularity, advance reservations are required and can be made here.
Below is the lineup thru June. The price of the dinners at this elegant yet casual restaurant is $55-75. These Bluewater Grill locations are in Carlsbad Village and King Harbor Marina in Redondo Beach.
• Bluewater Second Tuesday Tasting on Feb. 6, 2024: “A Lobster Tail Celebration.” For this feast, dining pairs will split a sampler platter of two Chilled Prawns, two Ponzu Sashimi Sea Scallops and two Oysters on the Half Shell, before enjoying their own oven-baked, 11-oz. Rock Lobster Tail served with melted butter. Wine pairings include Ruffino Prosecco from Italy for the first course and Acrobat Pinot Gris from Washington state for the second, The cost is $75 per person. (Please note this tasting was moved from Feb. 13 to Feb. 6 in honor of Valentine’s Day on Feb. 14, on which our 11-oz. Rock Lobster Tail and wine pairings can be ordered off the menu separately.)
• Bluewater Second Tuesday Tasting on March 12, 2024: “A Taste of France.” With the 2024 Summer Olympics coming up in Paris this July, there is this tasting preview of the host country. It starts the evening with a Caesar Salad of Romaine hearts, anchovies and parmesan cheese paired with Veuve du Vernay Champagne from France. Diners are then treated to the restaurants’ popular Provençal-style Bouillabaisse made with saffron-infused broth, fresh fish, mussels, clams, shrimp, scallops and rouille and paired with France’s Timbach Pinot Blanc. The cost is $55 per person.
• Bluewater Second Tuesday Tasting on April 9, 2024: “A Taste of New Orleans.” Just after Mardi Gras and before Jazz Fest in the Big Easy, Southern Californians get a taste of New Orleans Bluewater’s ‘Nawlins Shrimp, available on this night only and paired with a Charles Krug Sauvignon Blanc from Napa Valley. Then, it’s on to Bluewater’s Seafood Gumbo, created by restaurant chefs in the New Orleans tradition and paired with a Castle Rock Pinot Noir from Monterey, The cost is $55 per person.
• Bluewater Second Tuesday Tasting on May 14, 2024: “Jambalaya Jubilee.” Bluewater chefs bring the heat with this two-course feast beginning with Oysters Rockefeller, topped with creamed spinach, Romano cheese and bacon, and continuing with a special Bluewater version of the spicy Creole and Cajun dish Jambalaya with fresh seafood, vegetables and rice. Wine pairings include an Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc and Oyster Bay Pinot Noir from New Zealand. The cost is $55 per person.
• Bluewater Second Tuesday Tasting on June 11, 2024: “Arugula, Avocado and Ahi.” Diners start with Bluewater’s Arugula and Avocado Salad accompanied by a Whispering Angel Rose from France. Then, it’s the chefs’ Blackened Ahi Tuna, specially prepared for the evening and paired with a Acrobat Pinot Gris from Washington state. The cost is $55 per person.