Socially-Distanced Wine Travel Destinations In The Wolverine State
But these wineries in the state’s southwestern wine country near Lake Michigan are ready to welcome travelers to try their wines, food and even craft beers and local spirits.
Below what you will encounter and, as the places are hardly as well known as other wine tasting locations, more intimate and socially-distances experiences are almost a given.
- Round Barn Estate -Live music with a four-bedroom house rental on-site. It’s focal point is a turn-of-the-century Amish round barn.
- Round Barn Brewery & Public House – Here you can have local brews and wine, plus cocktails made with its own spirit, along with locally-inspired food.
- Round Barn Filling Station – A pit-stop for wanderers located in a vintage service station just off of I-94 in Coloma. It serves beer, wine, spirits and sangria, along with sandwiches for lunch and dinner.
- Tabor Hill Winery & Restaurant – Venerable-vibe, full package – extensive menu and view of vineyards. It, too, has live music as well as three locations in the area, one of which has fire pits for wine drinking on chilly evenings.
- Mt. Tabor Trail – A four-mile, pet-friendly hiking trail connecting the Round Barn and Tabor Hill Wineries. Wine, beer, spirits and food from both establishments are available at either trailhead, making it possible to take a scenic stroll with food and drinks in hand.
- Free Run Cellars –Here you will find an intimate, calm-vibe at both its Berrien Springs Vineyard and Estate Union Pier locations.
In addition to following Michigan and CDC Guidelines, each of the properties has put in pandemic plans and procedures.
These wineries are all part Moersch Hospitality Group, located in Baroda, MI.