An Attempt To Make Sense Of Today’s Top Lifestyle Issues
This blog post is an attempt to make sense of the latest news, sports and entertainment headlines.
So maybe nobody asked me, but where’s what I think about these gems.
• Why can’t Congress pass a bill for the good of Americans without bickering about it like the brat, privileged kid who didn’t get what he or she wanted for Christmas?
• Why can’t college basketball announcers focus on the game they are broadcasting? They spend 9/10ths of it talking about “bracketology,” how many teams from various conferences might get into March Madness and everything else besides what’s happening on the court. This drives me CRAZY!”
• Speaking of college basketball broadcasters driving me crazy, two words: Bill Walton
• Why can gorillas at the San Diego Zoo get vaccinated and I – and other Pubclubbers – can’t? We have to wait “our turn.”
• It’s good to see that California Gov. Gavin Newsom is going to let a few people into baseball stadiums for Opening Day and into amusement parks. Can’t wait for the day when stadiums and parks are full again.
• New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo did the worst PR move possible: denial, then offer somewhat of an apology. Does he not realize the more you hide, the more people probe? He should come clean and any woman he encounters should be handed a 10-foot pole.
• Les Miles hitting on college girls while head football coach at LSU and the university covering it up, as well as sexual harassments complaints about some athletes? I wish I could say this surprises me.
• Why have we heard almost nothing about the University of Tennessee recruiting violations since Jeremy Pruett was fired? I mean, did the coaches really give out cash to recruits in McDonald’s bags!?
• I missed all the St. Patrick’s Day shenanigans last year. Especially the parades. And will probably again in 2021.
• I really don’t care what Scott Baio is doing (he’s trending on Twitter)
• Lastly, during a walk through San Diego’s restaurant- and bar-heavy Gaslamp Quarter, I stopped to talk to a hostess at an Irish bar. I asked her when she thought the authentic Irish band will return to play on Friday nights.
“I don’t know,” she replied. “Our inside is empty now (due to California COVID-19 regulations). “I mean I like this (sweeping her arms around to tables of outside diners)… but I want it ALL!!!”
Leave a Reply