A Royal Pain For The Royal Family, LSU’s Fumble With Les Miles & More
Taking a look at what’s happening in today’s society, I break down the biggest news, sports and entertainment headlines with matter-of-fact commentary.
• Well, what did you expect? Prince William and Meghan Markle sit down with Oprah Winfrey and they are not going to paint themselves as sympathetic figures? They have successfully flipped the conversation from Markle’s reported abuse of staff to racial issues that has Buckingham Palace reeling on what to do next.
• Putting out PR fires is not the best thing Buckingham Palace does, by the way.
• CBS reportedly paid nearly $7 million for the rights to the interview and 30-second commercials were $325,000.
• How did LSU keep the Les Miles sexual harassment claims secret for so long? That’s one question but a bigger one is WHY did it keep Les Miles sexual harassment claims secret for any length of time?
• The Cowboys announced a new contract for Dak Prescott. Why, with all the great quarterback prospects in this year’s NFL Draft? Prescott has been sliding every year since his debut season.
• The Jets are quick to give up on Sam Darnold. Just a couple years ago he was the darling of the franchise and now he’s as discardable as stale bread. A franchise will never succeed without consistency.
• Selection Sunday for March Madness is Sunday, March 14. With all the madness of the above headlines, the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament appears to be tame stuff.
• The U.S.Senate got what it deserved, going through useless, time-wasting exercise to pass something everyone knew was going to pass anyway. The big problem with politics is that it is so, well, political.
• I still have a problem with gorillas (and now monkeys) at the San Diego Zoo getting vaccinated before myself another ordinary citizens. I imagine non-smokers feel the same way in New Jersey and North Carolina.