Enjoy Pints At McSorley’s Old Ale House Irish Bar Using CitySights NY Tour
Here’s a unique way to experience St. Patrick’s Day in New York City: Do it from a hop on-hop off sightseeing bus.
The Downtown Tour of CitySights NY goes right by key St. Paddy’s locations, including the parade and several Irish bars. Or, landmarks, if consider Irish bars in NYC landmarks, and frankly you should on St. Paddy’s Day.
With the bus, you get a tour around the city and can get off, and back on, as part of the package. So if you want to to have a few pints at an Irish bar – or several Irish bars – then so be it. At your own pace. And frankly, at just $39, it’s probably cheaper than taking a taxi. It’s certainly more relaxed.
Here’s top St. Paddy’s Day stops recommended by CitySights NY:
• Fifth Avenue – See the biggest St. Patrick’s Day Parade in the world as marchers provide entertainment down Fifth Avenue.
• McSorley’s Old Ale House – New York’s oldest continuously operated saloon, all just a short stroll from the East Village stop: 1st ave between St Marks Place and 9th Street.
• More Irish Pubs. The bus stops within walking distance of these other Irish pubs: Pig N Whistle (165 West 47th Street), Paddy Reilly’s (519 2nd Avenue), sLàinte (304 Bowery), Molly’s (287 3rd Ave.), Dempsey’s Pub (61 2nd Avenue).
• St Patrick’s Cathedral – St. Patrick’s Day is after all a religious holiday so a stop at the Neo-Gothic style Roman church is can get you in touch with the spiritual side of the day.
• The Empire State Building– The world-famous landmark has 360-degree views , which a great way to see the city. At night, you won’t be able to miss the three tiers lit Green for the holiday.
• Merchant’s House Museum – Step back in time and celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with the a tribute to the Tredwells’ Irish Servants, arguably the oldest intact site of Irish habitation in NYC.
To book the tour on-line, go to: www.citysightsny.com.
There is also an All Around Town Tour which, for $48, is good for 48 hours.
Here’s the link to book that tour: www.citysightsny.com.