BeachLife Festival Tops Things To Do In Los Angeles Beach Cities
The summertime fun in the South Bay does not wait for summer to actually start as May brings two big events to the Los Angeles Beach Cities.
This is a rundown of top activities and things to do in Hermosa, Manhattan and Redondo Beach in the month of May.
• BeachLife Festival
May 3-5, Seaside Lagoon, Redondo Beach
Blockbuster three-day music festival with headliners Bob Weir, Brian Wilson and Willie Nelson. Craft beer village, pool party and elements that make this the “Coachella of the South Bay.” Admission: Tickets: $100 per day
• PubClub LIVE!, With Kevbeaux and SOUL COLE
May 9 & 23, Tower 12, Hermosa Beach
A live streaming show with musical guests and interviews with prominent and fun South Bay locals and influencers. 5-6 p.m., on the bar balcony. Come by and you may be on the show, Or watch live on Facebook. Free.
Link: PubClub LIVE!
Kentucky Derby Party
May 4, Shade Hotel Redondo Beach
Promoter Berry Bly is hosting his own Run For The Roses, except at this event people are running to get Mint Juleps and other drinks. This gets a very sophisticated and good-looking crowd with ladies in cocktail dresses and floppy hats and a few guys in all-out derby suits. Tickets: $20
• Fiesta Hermosa Memorial Day Weekend
May 25-27, Hermosa Beach Pier
An annual three-day festival on and around the pier with craft booths, bands and a beer garden. Free.
• South Bay’s Top Happy Hours
Here’s a list of PubClub.com’s top Happy Hours for May.
– Tower 12. M-F 3-6. Beers & well cocktails in a 32-ounce cup for the price of a regular drink and outstanding food for less than $10. Great crowd, too. On weekends, bottomless mimosas for $12 until 12:30 p.m.
– Sharkeez. M-F 4-7. Basically 2-for-1 drinks. Also a “rise & shine” breakfast weekends until 11:30, $5-6 with bottomless mimosas for one hour.
– American Junkie. M-F 3-7. $3 all beers and well cocktails. Friday nights goes until 9 p.m.
– Patrick Molly’s. M-F 3-8. Half-priced drinks and appetizer menu ranging from $3-6. Sundays, bottomless mimosas for one hour with breakfast until Noon. Sundays 5-close, $3 beers and $5 wells. Not valid on Memorial Day Weekend.