By Kevin Wilkerson, PubClub.com Key West Blogger
Kick off the shoes, take off the tie and lose yourself in Margaritaville.
Key West is a step back into time, in fact, into no time. It’s a place of slow pace, of changing attitudes, of free-flowing spirits and free spirited individuals.
The southernmost city in the United States, closer to Havana than Miami (90 miles to 150), Key West is a tiny spec of land, three miles wide by five miles long that was the home to Hemmingway, the beginnings of Buffett and the destination of weekend revelers from South Florida, Europeans on holiday and anyone else looking for a place in the sun or just to escape the grind of the everyday world.
Don’t be surprised if a planned three-day vacation turns into a mad scramble to catch the Last Flight Out. Or even lasts a lifetime. It’s called “Keys Disease” and it has stricken many a traveler to these parts.
For a full PubClub.com tour of what makes Key West so contagious, hop aboard the PARTY BUS by clicking on the navigation bar at the end of each page. Or, go directly to the action on our section pages:
• Settle into the laid-back mood of Key West in PreParty.
• Kick back then kick into high gear with The Bartender.
• Hear the best bands, enjoy the world’s best sunset, hang out with locals or follow the crowd in PubClubbing.
• Get the inside scoop on top Key West events, including Fantasy Fest and New Year’s Eve.
• Enjoy the journey: take a guided tour through the Florida Keys.
Next Stop On The Key West Pary Bus: Complete Key West Visitor’s Guide!
PubClub.com covers nightlife, bars, festivals and party events around the world. I have been to Key West many times.