A Tasty Valentine’s Day Gift For A Cheeselover
Posted Jan. 13, 2020
Cheese, food, food blog, cheese lovers
You know them as “cheeseheads” but people from Wisconsin have a heart, too.
And the fine folks at Wisconsin Cheese are proving it by giving away a box of heart-shaped cheese. If you win through an on-line entry, you can give it to a friend as a nice early Valentine’s Day present or treat yourself.
Here are the details.
From now through Jan. 31, you can nominate and surprise a cheese-obsessed person (even if that’s you!) to receive one of 500 limited edition gift boxes from Wisconsin, The State of Cheese, just in time for Valentine’s Day. Full nomination rules and details are available at WisconsinCheese.com/ForTheLoveOfCheese.
Each limited-edition box features a selection of five specialty Wisconsin cheeses, crafted by multi-generation cheesemakers including Master Cheesemakers, and sponsored by the Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin. There is also a personalized card to include with the gift nomination.
“It’s the season of love, and this year we’re thinking beyond traditional symbols of romance for a more inclusive holiday that everyone can enjoy,” said Suzanne Fanning, Chief Marketing Officer for Wisconsin Cheese and Senior Vice President for Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin. “From now until Valentine’s Day, we’re taking the pressure for receiving a rose off the table and celebrating our love for all things cheese.”
“In Wisconsin, cheese is our love language, and we know many of our fans across the country feel the same way, so this is a “grate” way to celebrate with cheese lovers nationwide.”
Wisconsin specialty cheeses featured in the heart-shaped gift box include:
- Crave Brothers Chocolate Mascarpone – Sweet cream kissed with chocolate, this velvety ambrosia adds a touch of luxury to desserts and can be enjoyed as a dip for fresh strawberries as your meal’s pièce de résistance.
- Cedar Grove Butterkäse – Short for “buttery cheese” because of its soft and silky, buttery texture, this decadently creamy cheese will make anyone who tastes it instantly swoon.
- Wood River Creamery Black Truffle Cheddar Gruyere – The aromatic truffle married to this aged cheddar and gruyere blend creates a complex and sophisticated flavor that your date will surely want to linger over.
- Roth Buttermilk Blue – Stop the world and melt your loved one’s heart with this award-winning luscious and creamy blue cheese. Simply drizzle with honey to soften any mood.
- Henning’s Maple Bourbon Cheddar – Perfect for anyone with sophisticated taste, this full-bodied white cheddar charms with mouthwatering hints of maple, caramel and molasses, and surprises as a delightful pair with chocolate truffles.
These custom heart shaped cheese boxes are valued at more than $100.
The social media hashtag is: #ForTheLoveOfCheese!