Welcome to the PubClub.com South Bay Party Report!
It’s Memorial Day Weekend! Here’s what’s happening not just in the South Bay but around L.A., all weekend. Fiesta Hermosa is not the only festival with music taking place, there’s a waterfront beer festival & more!
The Party Report is brought to you by Kona Brewing Company; a great three-day weekend deserves great beer!
Weather Forecast: Complete sunshine but a bit cool, especially Saturday with a high of just 65 and a low of 55. Sunday it warms up a few degrees and Monday it will hit 70.
• THURSDAY’S MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND EVENTS
– PubClub.com’s Twitter chat continues as we chat about National Wine Day and Memorial Day Weekend. It’s free to take part in it, just go to Twitter, put in the hashtag #TheNightlifeChat and take part with bloggers and social media influencers around the country! It goes from 4:30-5 p.m.
• National Wine Day. Yes it is, and social media will be all over it on #ThirstyThursday!
– UCLA Women’s Softball may not necessarily interest you but keep reading. The Bruins are hosting Ole Miss in a best 2-of-3 series starting Thursday with the winner going to the College World Series. The reason I mention this is not just because I’m a sports nut but guys, pay attention: Ole Miss has a pitcher who is a modern-day Jenny Finch. The first game is Thursday, 6 p.m., at Eaton Stadium on the UCLA campus. Tickets are somewhat ambitiously priced at $15 (it’s also on ESPN). Game 2 is Friday same time and if necessary Game 3 is Saturday at 4, but I doubt you’ll be leaving the beer garden for it.
– Berry Bly is performing an acoustic set at Saint Rocke prior to recording artist Slapbak. He’ll do some covers and original songs, then sit in with Slapbak. It starts at 7, goes until 10 and there’s a special Happy Hour from 7-8. It’s free before 8 and if you’re running late (or just getting back from the UCLA game!?), mention Berry’s name for free admission until 10.
– South Bay Jam is jammin’ again this Thursday at Standing Room. Join in or just enjoy the show that showcases the South Bay’s awesome musicians! It goes from 9:30=midnight. Link: southbayjam.com
– Smackfest Events is hosting a Summer Kickoff Party at Sharkeez. There’s guest bartenders 8-10 (expect some strong pours, haha), prizes and 20% off food. Of course, you can start early as Happy Hour goes until 7.
• FRIDAY’S MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND EVENTS
Here’s a rundown of Friday Happy Hours at the Hermosa Beach Pier:
• FIESTA HERMOSA 2017 BANDS, LINEUP & TIMES
Here’s what bands are playing and where they are playing on Saturday, Sunday & Monday.
• MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND IN LOS ANGLES: THE COMPLETE RUNDOWN
See what else is happening in Los Angeles for Memorial Day Weekend, including Jefferson Starship at Topanga Days, a beer festival by a bay, a festival at the battleship USS Iowa…
• THE INDY 500 2017
It’s Sunday with the green flag at – yawn, I know! – 9 a.m. Scott Dixon is the pole-sitter; I know him he’s a friendly Kiwi. My fav driver is super-nice James Hinchcliff. The girls may be pulling for Helio Castroneves and he’s as lively in person as he appears to be on TV. But if you’re there, it’s the infield where all the “real” action takes place! They even let you bring in kegs and coolers. Live this party Bucket List fantasy through these PubClub articles and check out the photos, whoa!
COMING SOON TO THE PARTY REPORT
Travel tales from the world’s #1 summertime party destination, the Greek Islands!
That’s it for the PubClub.com South Bay PartyReport. For this and more, go to PubClub.com, Where The South Bay – And The World! – Goes To Party!
Twitter chat: #TheNightlifeChat, Thursday, 4:30 p.m.